Patients who are actively involved in their care experience better health outcomes.
This introductory webinar will discuss strategies for assessing and optimizing patient activation and engagement. Speaker Monica Johnson, PsyD, will provide a working definition of patient engagement and discuss strategies for assessing, enhancing and incorporating patient engagement into routine patient care.
Specific attention will be given to approaches to engage “challenging” patients. The Webinar will review helpful tips for overcoming barriers to patient motivation and engagement.
Participants will be invited to problem-solve their experiences with patient engagement at the end of the Webinar.
At the conclusion of this introductory Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define patient and family engagement
- Describe two pieces of evidence for utilizing patient and family engagement strategies
- Provide a brief overview of one model of assessing patients’, families’ and caregivers’ levels of engagement
- Describe three techniques that promote patient and family engagement
Who Should Attend
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities (IPFs)
- Partners and Stakeholders
- Beneficiaries and family members