Training Series Overview
Qsource, supported by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Tennessee Department of Health, is partnering with select nursing homes in Tennessee to implement individualized pain management strategies and improve opioid safety. This web-based training program is offered to participating nursing homes to support pain management practices in their facilities.
There are three training sessions, which should be viewed in order. A short pre-test is required for each participant before viewing any training sessions. A short post-test is also required after viewing each individual session.
- Connecting pain management and opioids to quality measures
- Applying opioid guidelines to nursing home residents
- The importance of specific indications when treating pain
- Differentiating between sources of pain and how they respond to opioids
- Increasing the accessibility of non-opioid pain treatments in your facility
- Fulfilling federal Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) requirement, if needed
Additional project resources are available at httpss://resourcehub.exchange/tnhpmosc/.
The Civil Monetary Penalty Quality Improvement (CMPQI) Reinvestment Program funds this quality improvement project.